Indian Mee Goreng
Ingredients (serves 2)
° 200g hokkien mee, blanched
° 100g beanspouts, tailed
° 1 onion (optional), sliced
° 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
° 1½ -2 tablespoons olive oil
° 1 tablespoon chilli powder
° ½ teaspoon curry powder
° 1½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
° 1½ -2 tablespoons tomatoes sauce
° 4 tablespoons water
° salt, to taste
° 1 fresh red or green chilli, sliced for garnish
1. Mix the chilli powder and curry powder with a tad of water to form a paste.
2. Heat oil in a wok or pot, fry the onion for half a minute or until fragrant. Stir in the chilli paste and keep stirring over low heat to prevent burning.
3. Add the tomato, beansprouts and stir fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Season with salt.
4. Throw in the noodle, add the dark soy sauce, tomatoes sauce and mix well. Add in water if need for easier tossing.
5. Dish up, garnish with green chilli and serve immediately.